(this is generative AI’s idea of a 4th of July week. No comment.)
It just feels like one of those weeks to take things a bit easier. A tremendous amount of work goes into the newsletter and I asked the team to leave it (mostly) to me for this one. Hopefully, regardless of in which country you reside, you’re able to just slow down and enjoy some family time. I spent the weekend with my family celebrating my mother’s 99th birthday, and it was magical. Sure, we have a lot going on to tell you about, but I’m just going to top-level all of it.
- The “Beeler.Tech goes to DC” trip is happening in a few weeks. I can’t wait to report on our meetings with legislators about a national plan for privacy laws.
- Pubs: It’s Salary Survey Season. Fill it out so we can publish the results!
- No one came close to the number of jackets I have. Current tally: 41 (though I may need a new one for DC. Then there’s Edinburgh…)
- Our mentor program is in full swing. We need more mentors. We’ll help you if you’ve never done it before. Mentorships are career game changers for both parties. Sign up before the end of the month.
- You an SSP? No dinner plans on July 27? Ping us.
- Our pub-only slack is brimming with conversations about benchmarking and all the news in the trades. You a pub? Get yer ass in here!
- July 1 = new laws go into effect at the state level. I hope you’re prepared…
- Website: expect some disruptions while we make some changes.